With so many travel systems and car seats available for new mothers and their babies, choosing one can be overwhelming.
Fortunately, plenty of mothers have used car seat travel systems and have selected their favorites.
The Britax B-Agile & B-Safe Travel System is one of the top rated travel systems because it is so easy to use, looks great, and is affordably priced.
Reasons to Love the B-Agile Stroller
One of the most appreciated features of the Britax B-Agile is the ease of use. Strollers are loaded and unloaded out of vehicles and his one of the easiest for new mothers to handle. The travel system weighs 17 pounds and the stroller can be folded and unfolded with one hand.
The stroller can also stand by itself when it is folded. This means that mothers do not have to worry about the stroller falling and it keeps new moms from having to bend over to pick up the stroller prior to loading in the trunk.
It is easy to snap the car seat into place and the stroller is designed to grow, so you child can comfortably sit in it long after he outgrows his infant safety seat. Because the stroller folds up to tightly, it is easy to put in small cars as well as big vans and SUVs.
Because the stroller is made of an aluminum frame, it is lightweight and easy for moms to fold, lift, and push. With the three-wheel design, the stroller is easy to push – even when your baby starts to get near the maximum weight of 55 pounds. Three wheels are much easier to turn than four, so your baby gets a ride that is anything but rough.
This travel system also looks great
- It has an unusual design which looks more like a tricycle than a traditional stroller with four independent wheels. This trike design makes it easy to steer, like the sporty jogging strollers, but without the big bulky front wheel.
- Along with the unique wheel design, the stroller has plenty of places to store necessities.
- There is a basket on the bottom of the stroller and several little side pockets. The basket can be accessed from all three sides of the three-sided stroller. As your child gets older and no longer needs the infant car seat, the stroller has plenty of legroom for toddlers and preschoolers.
A Stroller That Grows With Your Child
The B-Agile stroller is designed for brand new babies all the way up to preschoolers who weigh 55 pounds. This stroller really does grow with your child – making it an investment piece rather than something that has to be replaced in six months to a year.
If you happen to have a second child, Britax makes the B-Agile in the double stroller style, too. When a baby rides in this stroller, he faces forward. But, if you insert the car seat into the stroller, you get to see your baby’s face when you push the stroller.
The car seat just clicks into place with Britax’s “Click and Go” system. If your baby is sleeping and you need to get him out of the car and into the stroller, the “Click and Go” system is priceless because you do not need to wake up your baby to make the transition.
The best part of the travel system is the absolute ease of putting the car seat into the stroller. Prior to placing the car seat in the stroller, be sure you lock the stroller in place. Then, put the seat in the fully reclined position. This takes a few seconds. Once you have the stroller ready to receive the car seat, this is where your mind will be blown with the absolute ease of it.
You only need to use one hand to remove the car seat from the base. Release the car seat, lift it out of the car, and set it into the stroller. The “Click and Go” system will lock the car seat in place, just like it does with when you use the base in the car. You cannot put any other car seat into the Britax B-Agile or into the base for the B-Safe 35, but why would you when the Britax system is so safe and well designed.
If you do put your baby in the stroller without the car seat, you will appreciate the fact that that stroller can be adjusted in numerous ways. You can recline the seat at far back or forward as your baby would like.
- So if your baby wants to see the world, you can make it happen at the peak angle of 63 degrees.
- But, if your baby prefers to nap, you can recline the seat to a nearly horizontal position that stops at about 24 degrees.
- Then, you pull the canopy into place and your baby can rest in the shade, too.
- If you want to peek in on your baby, you lift the flap that covers the window over the canopy.
Another benefit of the Britax B-Agile is the stroller itself. Some strollers are not designed for “strolling” as they do not have room for parents to take full steps. With the Britax B-Agile, you can push your baby and take a full step forward. You will not have to shorten you step or worry about kicking the stroller as you walk!
- Affordable travel system
- Attractive design
- One-handed use
- Stands when folded
- Fits into small trunks
- Tripod wheel design
- Handle has a comfortable grip
- Easy to steer due to independent tripod suspension
- Stroller weighs 18 pounds
- Car seat fits babies 4 pound to 35 pounds
- Stroller fits children up to 55 pounds
- Fully adjustable reclining stroller seat
- Peek-a-boo window in stroller canopy
- Harness buckle can be stiff
- No tray in stroller
- No cup holder for parent or child
- Basket in bottom of stroller is small
Plenty of Safety Features in the Stroller
This stroller comes with other safety features that make is a great buy.
- Those features include the five-point harness that keeps your baby securely in the stroller.
- It also has a parking brake that includes a link.
- When you fold up the stroller, there is a locking mechanism that holds it securely in place, too.
The Britax brand is one of the most respected when it comes to safety gear. The company manufacturers high quality travel systems for infants, babies, and toddlers. To support their products, they also offer accessories for strollers and car seats.
They also provide replacement parts. Before releasing new products into the marketplace, Britax conducts thorough research and testing to insure that babies of all ages and sizes will be safe while riding in one of their products. Because of this, Britax offers peace of mind to parents, especially since their car seats include protection from side impacts.
In fact, Britax has its own trademarked side impact protection that has repeatedly been named the best available level of side impact protection for babies today.
Easy to Assemble Car Seat and Stroller combo
When you purchase and take home the Britax travel system, you will be pleasantly surprised at how easy it is to assemble the car seat and stroller. The car seat and base do not require any assembly. To assemble the stroller, all you have to do is insert the wheels into their respective holes. You can have the whole thing ready to go in a few minutes.
Size Range for the B-Safe 35 Infant Car Seat
The Britax B-Safe Infant Car Seat (read review) is designed to face the rear of the vehicle to provide the ultimate in safety for babies who weigh in the range of 4 to 35 pounds. To be protected in the case of an accident, babies who ride in this car seat should not be longer than 32 inches. This car seat includes features that will keep your baby safe while riding in the car.
Safety Features in the Car Seat
- At its base, the car seat is set upon a steel frame that is designed to stabilize itself under impact. The steel frame is strongest at the points where it rests on top of the automobile seat.
- The base of the car seat includes a base that absorbs impact in an accident.
- And, the car seat’s shell-like shape includes a foam lining that is designed to protect in a side-impact collision.
Britax called their system SafeCell Impact Protection © and the company has designe this system to go above and beyond the safety standards that are established by the federal government and the National Highway Transportation and Safety Board.
And, with all of this safety gear resting below the surface of the Britax car seat, it is still incredibly comfortable for your baby.
The Britax B-Safe 35 has received several safety ratings from various organization. But, the one that matters the most is the five-star rating that the National Highway Transportation and Safety Board awarded the car seat. This is the highest ranking that a car seat can receive.
It earned the rating because of its strong, steel frame and because of the side impact protection that is standard on this car seat. The Federal Aviation Administration has also given this car seat approval for parents who choose to use it while traveling by air.
For additional peace of mind, parents appreciate knowing that many of the safety features on the Britax travel system have been made or assembled in the United States. They are tested in the United States, too.
Easy Harness System & Sun Canopy in the B-Safe 35 Infant Car Seat
Since new babies cannot help with getting in and out of the car seat, it is important for a car seat to have a harness system that is easy to use. This one does. The straps can be adjusted very easily, so you do not have to spend a bunch of time hunched over trying to frustratingly adjust the straps. And, since babies grow so quickly, car seat straps usually need to be changed several times during the life of the car seat.
In fact, Britax has made it easy to adjust your baby’s straps. There is a red button that you push and the straps adjust to your standards. This is so much easier than the car seats that require you to remove the padding, lining, and straps just so you can put everything back in to find that the straps still do not fit.
However, if you do need to remove any of the pads or straps, those are designed to be easy to remove and clean.
Along with the convenient comfort features, the Britax B-Safe 35 also has a sturdy sun canopy. With this canopy, your baby does not have to have his skin harmed by the sun. You can also pull the canopy up when it is raining. Of all car seats, the Britax canopy is one of the best on the market. There is nothing flimsy about it.
Stress-Free Car Seat Installation
Adjusting the straps is not the only challenging thing about car seats. Installing them can be challenging, too. This car seat is easy to install because it comes with a base that can sit in the car 100% of the time. The base can sit in place using the seat belt or using the LATCH system that comes in newer model cars. If you have the LATCH system in your car, then that is the system you should use to securely install your baby’s car seat.
With the LATCH anchors system, you can use pull straps in the middle and they will tighten the installation. When the installation is tight, the seat is more securely held in place and will be less likely to move around if you are in an accident.
When it comes to the LATCH system, the Britax B-Safe 35 is one of the easiest of all car seats to properly install.
- In fact, the push button anchors are designed to click into place with the LATCH system. Most other car seats have more complicated installation procedures.
- Along with the LATCH system, the base also includes a level, so you can quickly see that the seat will be at the perfect angle for your child.
If you cannot get the level just right, you can use a pool noodle or a beach towel to adjust the installation. And, if you need to use the car seat without the base, there is path that holds the car seat lap belt in place securely. The path is created by durable, large clips.
An important consideration for many parents is the price of the travel system. While it is difficult to put a limit to the value of safety, the Britax B-Agile and B-Safe Elite Travel System does have an affordable price.
The price includes the entire travel system, from the stroller itself to the infant car seat and base. The three pieces fit together nicely and when the infant seat is attached to the stroller, it looks like one seamless stroller. There are plenty of other similarly rated travel systems with higher price points. There are also individual strollers that cost as much or more than this entire Britax travel system.
Specifications for the Britax B-Safe 35 Infant Car Seat
- The car seat fits babies who weigh at least 4 pounds and no more than 35 pounds and are less than 32 inches tall
- The shoulder height of the car seat measures between 6.5 inches and 11 inches
- The width of the shoulder section of the car seat is 10 inches
- When empty, the car seat weigh ten pounds
- The base weighs nine pounds
- The car seat measures 25” x 17.75” x 26.5”
Specifications for the Britax B-Agile Stroller
- The stroller safely holds children who weigh 55 pounds or less.
- When empty, the stroller weighs 18 pounds
- The seat base measures 13.5 inches in width
- When the stroller is open it measures 38.5” x 23” x 40.5”
- When the stroller with wheels is folded it measures 29” x 23” x 11”
Final Thoughts – Verdict
Overall the Britax B-Agile and B-Safe Elite Travel System is a mom-friendly and baby-safe travel system that looks great and are easy to use.
With one hand, you can fold and unfold the stroller. The affordable price and the plethora of pockets make this a great choice for moms with infants.
The travel system has the highest safety rating of any similar product, which allows moms to rest assured that they have made the best choice when purchasing this system.